Pumpkin Yogurt Face Mask Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (canned or fresh made)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Thoroughly mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Smooth generously over face, neck and decollete. Avoid the eye area as the cinnamon can burn sensitive eye skin and eyes.
- Let mask sit for about 20 minutes until almost completely dry.
- Use a damp washcloth to remove the mask then rinse with water.
- Gently pat skin dry. Skin may be pink or red afterwards due to the cinnamon, but this should fade within the first half hour after rinsing skin.
- Place remaining mixture in an air tight container and refrigerate.
- Repeat weekly.
Skin Benefits of Pumpkin, Yogurt and Cinnamon
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid & Fruit Enzymes - increase cell turnover to brighten and smooth skin
- Vitamin A & Vitamin C - helps soften and smooth skin while boosting collagen
- Zinc - helps control the hormone level and oil production as well as heal skin
- Calcium - helps skin renewal and prevents skin from dryness
- B Vitamins - hydrates and protects skin from damage
- Lactic Acid - exfoliates and help reduce appearance of wrinkles
- Antiseptic - helps kill bacteria, fight acne and pimples
- Anti-Aging - plumps skin and promotes increased collagen
- Anti-Oxidant - exfoliates and helps remove dead skin cells
Have some concerns with these ingredients or don't have them all on hand? Try out some other popular pumpkin based masks and scrubs with the ingredients you have on hand such as honey, sugar, baking soda, oatmeal or almond milk.