Thursday, July 31, 2014

6 DIY Face Masks: All Skin Types




I have an absolute obsession with DIY Beauty Recipes. I love face masks and some of these DIY Face Masks are absolutely go to ones for me before ever going with a store brand version. It’s so much easier and cheaper to just use products that we have in our kitchens. I hope you enjoy these DIY Face Masks!
The Aspirin Mask (For dry and acne prone skin)
1-3 Aspirin
1 Tbsp. Natural Cocunut Oil
1 Tsp. Warm Honey

With this one you want to first crush the aspirin and mix in a few drops of water to form a paste and then mix the honey/coconut oil together. Apply to the face and allow to dry for about 10 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.

The Juice Mask (For oily skin)
1 Tsp. Lemon Juice
2 Egg Whites
3 Tsp. Honey
1 Cup Strawberries
Optional: 4 Drops of Essential Oil

Blend the ingredients together and apply to face. Allow to stay for 15-20 minutes and rinse with cold water.

The Sugar Exfoliator (All skin types)
2 Tbsp. Sugar
3 Tbsp. Warm Water

Stir the sugar into warm water until it melts, make sure the sugar melts so when applied it doesn’t tear your skin. Apply to the face in a circular motion rubbing away from the face. Rinse with warm water.
**The first three masks are definitely some of my favorites and I use them monthly depending on whats going on with my skin at the moment. The next few I have tried over the past week and I am really loving them and I will most definitely be adding them to my monthly routine.


The Milk Mask (All skin types)
1/4 Cup Powdered Milk
Enough warm water to make a paste

Apply to your face and leave on for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. This definitely left my skin soft and glowing.

The Pore Tightening Yogurt Mask (All skin types)
1 Container Plain Yogurt
Slather this on your face and allow it to sit for 20 minutes before rinsing with luke warm water.

The Mustard Mask (All skin types) (Soothing & Stimulating)

2 Tbsp. Yellow Mustard

Pat the mustard on your face and allow to dry for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water, and find your face feeling smooth and flawless.

No comments:

Post a Comment